If this is the first time your child is coming to school and you would like to know more about how schools are managed and organised you can find information on the Ofsted website. Schools are regularly inspected by a team of experienced teachers. A school cannot accept pupils without it being regularly monitored and assessed.
Inspectors look at a variety of areas, such as:
- Care, Learning and Play
- Special Needs
- Working in Partnership with Parents
- Safeguarding & Child Protection
- First Aid
- Record Keeping
Following the inspection they summarise their findings under three headings as well as confirm if a setting meets legal requirements:
- How well the early years provision meets the needs of the range of children who attend
- The contribution of the early years provision to the well-being of children
- The effectiveness of the leadership and management of the early years provision.
We had our last inspection in Nov 2017, which awarded us an overall GOOD result.
The summary points of the inspector were:
- The manager has a clear overview of the pre-school, including the strengths and areas for further development. She uses effective systems for managing staff performance and their professional development.
- Systems for tracking children’s progress are used well to identify children’s stages of development and to highlight any gaps in their learning. Staff take swift action to seek appropriate intervention and support.
- The learning environment is effectively planned to provide a broad range of experiences and encourage children to become independent and make their choices about their play.
- Relationships on all levels are good. Children demonstrate through their interactions with staff that they feel safe and secure. Staff work particularly well with parents and other professionals to support children who have special educational needs.
You can view the report along with previous reports on the Ofsted website by clicking on this link. Our Ofsted reference number is EY411577.